4.17.2010

Let me tell you a story


There was a Grandfather who had a Grandson who came to him with anger at a schoolmate that had done him an injustice.

"Let me tell you a story," said the Grandfather.

"I too at times have felt a great hate for those who have taken so much with no sorrow for what they do. I've struggled with these feelings many times."

He continued, "it is as if there are two wolves inside me.

One is good and he does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him and does not take offense when no offense was intended.

But the other wolf, ah. He is full of anger. The littlest thing will set him into a fit of temper.

It is hard to live with these two wolves inside me. Both of them try to dominate my spirit."

The Grandson turned to his Grandfather and said, "But Grandfather, which wolf wins?"

The Grandfather replied: "The one I feed."


Story by Loretta Todd - Cree/Métis Filmaker, transcribed from Telling Stories on Definitely Not the Opera. Listen here.
Image from Totoro Forest Project by Jackson Sze

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog so much. It just makes me smile. And I love your profile picture- it's so beautiful and romantic.

    ReplyDelete

 
 
I do my best to give credit where credit is due. If you disagree with my use of your content, don't hesitate to email me and I will take it down as soon as possible.
Otherwise: Copyright © A Forever Thing